Manurewa Central School
The Educational Purpose and General Goals of the School
At Manurewa Central School every child will learn
the academic, social and physical growth and development of each child towards it's full potential will be of paramount importance to the school.
- Provide an environment where each person may feel accepted, secure and successful.
- Provide a balanced curriculum which meets the needs of it's pupils while stressing the importance of competent skills in all areas of the curriculum.
- Give all individuals a degree of responsibility for their own learning.
- Build up self respect, respect of others and pride in self, school and community.
- Actively promote community and parent participation as a means of enhancing learning and enrichment.
- Promote the on-going professional development of teaching and support staff.